Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fall down, get up

Like most middle class families, every time we get ahead, we somehow get pushed back down again.
We work hard, budget, spend conscientiously, do our best to live within our means, but inevitiably, life intervenes in an unpositive way.
There will always be hurdles, but its hard to process the disappointment of falling into a rut with a cycle of debt. All my plans and hopes sit beside me as I plan my way to get back up. It's only money is what I keep saying to myself. And while we need money and the more of it it seems the less the worries, in the end I know that what I have that is the most valuable is my family and my health.
I'll admit, the size of my bank account is important to me, but only for security reasons. We've worked so hard so we have the cushion, and sometimes we gotta draw on it, no matter how much I hate the reason. It is what it is. It's not worth me worrying so much I compromise my health or am so flustered that I can't enjoy the precious time I have with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment